Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pea-School Days!

Howdy ya'll...so today was Lilly's first day of 'pea-school' and she couldn't have been more excited. She has been asking to go for weeks, and couldn't wait after we went to the orientation last night to see her classroom and meet her teacher. She woke up this morning ready to go...with her new bag (given to all the kids last night) and her new 'pea-school shoes.' Of course my camera is still not working (GGGRRRRR), but I do have the handy little video cam that Gamma JA gave to us last fall, so I took some video at the house and in the car this morning. The first one is in our driveway on the way to the car, and the second is in the car while killing time since we were a little early. You can hear Lilly at one point saying she wants to go inside...enthusiastic is an understatement!

Things went pretty much as I predicted...Lilly waltzed right in the classroom and sat at the table to play with play dough, as if she'd been there a million times. Clara on the other hand began to cry. I believe she thought I was leaving her there, too. Once I finally got her to realize that she was coming with me, she was better. As we walked to the car, though, she kept saying 'Lilly....Lilly....Lilly' like she thought I didn't realize we'd left her there. Off and on all morning Clara asked for her big sister. When I told her it was time to get our shoes on and go get Lilly I've never seen her move to the front door so fast. It was really very sweet.

When we picked her up, she was all smiles, and her teacher said that she'd had a great first day. After we got to the car, I took her daily report out of her folder and it said that Lilly's mood today was 'happy and chatty'...why am I not surprised! It also said that she had a good day and played nice with her new friends. We got home, ate lunch, and Lilly asked to go back to school...I'd say it was a success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME start to what I'm sure will be an outstanding educational career!!! I showed it to Greg - even big Greg thinks it's cute -until I told him he cried when I first left him at pea-school! ;> This is one of the best blogs I've seen - and I've seen a LOT!!