Sunday, August 3, 2008

Howdy from HOTlanta

What can I say?? I was pretty honest from the beginning of this adventure in blogging, that I may not be the most consistent with it. But I am back. Hopefully on a more regular basis...but as always...no promises!

We have been really busy this summer with all of our travels, some of which I did take time to blog about. We did take one other trip over July 4th weekend to see Steve's twin sister and her family in Raleigh, NC. We had a really great time visiting with them and giving the girls a chance to hang out with their cousins. I'm not on my desktop now so I can't attach any photos, but I will do that in the near future for you to see. Now we are just hanging around home and enjoying what is left of the summer...and trying not to melt in the heat and humidity that has become the norm here.

In other news...the girls continue to amaze us every day. Clara is not only walking now...she is running...everywhere. Her little (sometimes very BIG) personality is showing itself to us more and more everyday. She has officially learned that her job as the little sister is to do anything she can to get a rise out of her older sibling. She does it beautifully...and Lilly reacts every time. Lucky me...I get to be the referee 95% of the time. I've got a feeling that's not gonna change anytime soon though so I guess I'll just have to get used to it! She has also developed an opinion...about everything. We don't always know what she is saying to us...but she is definitely giving us her thoughts on what she wants. She is still very sweet and gentle, though...and adorable...and she knows it!

Lilly is thrilled...and I mean really thrilled that she is going to start preschool in a couple of weeks. She kept telling me that she wants to go to school and play with other kids. We had been debating the idea of school for her. There really wasn't an apparent reason for us to send her since she can stay home with me, but many of our friends and family had opted to send their kids. We were still talking about it when she really began to express an interest. We'll see how it goes! I honestly think she is going to love it and that she will do great. Now every night before she goes to bed, she tells me "Mommy...tomorrow I get up, have breakfast, get dressed, go to school!" Then she gets a big cheesy grin on her face. We keep trying to explain to her than she still has 2 weeks to go, but she doesn't quite understand that. I don't think we are going to have to worry about separation anxiety with her on the first day! Maybe on my part though...and Clara's! She's not going to know what to do without her big sister for a few hours on those days!

I guess that's it for now from me. I will try to do better about posting on here...and I will get some new photos very soon. We are finally starting to fall into a normal rhythm again since public schools start around here this week. Isn't it funny how even though we don't have school-aged kids, life still seems to revolve around that schedule?!

Until next time...

No comments: