Monday, June 16, 2008

We're baaaack...

Now for the grand return! We got home from our beachy vacation on Saturday night and I have unpacked pretty much everything. The house still needs to be cleaned, but I decided it can wait while I begin to catch up on here. Get ready for the Chicken Family Blogger Marathon! Rather than post all our recent adventures in one really long blog, I've decided to break it up into lots of smaller ones...although those who know me, know that I am rarely a woman of few words, so we'll see how 'small' they really are! I'm gonna start with our trip to Louisville for Memorial Day weekend to celebrate my cousin's wedding....here goes!


We started on our seven hour trip when Steve got off work on the Friday before the long weekend...unfortunately, the seven hour trip turned into ten when we hit Atlanta right in the middle of rush hour AND a downpour. Can I just say that the folks around here don't know how to drive in precipitation at all??!! We did make it safe and sound...although the girls didn't sleep in the car much at all, which could have made things really interesting...they were great though.

Saturday we got to visit with my longest and dearest friend, Amy and her beautiful little girl (sorry we didn't get to see you, Tim!) and that evening we went to Nick and Lindsey's wedding...the real reason for the trip. It was a beautiful evening and a lot of fun. They really are made for each other and make a gorgeous couple...the kind of pair that you see and know that they will have a beautiful life together forever...no doubts at all about that.

On Sunday, we were able to get together with most of my mom's family for dinner at Mike Lining's...if you are from around Louisville and have never been there, you are totally missing out. It is the BEST place to go in spring/summer/fall for great food and a really relaxed atmosphere. Most of the seating is outdoors at picnic tables and there are several swing sets/playgrounds for the kids. You can walk just over the flood wall and see the Ohio River. I have very fond memories of going there as a child with family friends and loved taking the girls there. It was really fantastic to get to visit with everyone and to have all the little kids together finally! And we actually got a good photo of my grandparents with all the great-grand kids--a minor miracle!

Before heading out of town on Monday, we stopped by to see my Granny for a bit. It is always a treat to see her and to share the girls with her. We also had lots of time to hang out with my parents and my brother and his family throughout the weekend...it is always a blast to have the kiddos together...it is all about them now isn't it!? Enjoy these photos from the weekend!



Grandma and Grandpa Clark with the Great Grand kids...we got them to sit there and look at us by tossing them cookies...whatever works!

Some of the family getting ready for dinner at Mike Linings.


Grandpa Clark playing with Lilly and Carson on the slides.


Grandpa and Lilly at the slides.


Clara on the 'big girl' swings!



Sweet summer kisses...Lilly and Gabby.


Playing Tee Ball with Papa in the backyard.

Mom, me and the girls visiting with Granny Randol.

It's dark...but I like this photos of us.

Lilly and Clara hanging out with Joleigh...three little princesses!

No comments: