Monday, June 30, 2008

Locked in!

So this wasn't funny in the moment, but after the fact it was hilarious. I realized pretty quickly that the double doors to our bedroom at the condo locked very easily if they were played with, so I made a habit of NOT latching the left door. Then if the kids were playing with them and the right door locked, they wouldn't get locked in our room because we could simply be push the doors open. The problem with this was that Lilly and Carson found great humor in pushing the doors open every time I was in there changing clothes. One morning I got fed up with that game and did latch the door, but I forgot to unlatch it when I was finished. A bit later we were gathering everyone together and getting shoes on the kids so we could head to the pool, and we couldn't find Carson. Yep...he had locked himself in our room. The only one really panicking about this was Gamma. Amanda and Carson both were actually very calm, but my mom went running to the master bathroom (where my dad was taking care of business) and yelled for Papa to 'Hurry, hurry...we needed his help!' It didn't take long for us to figure out all we had to do was slip something between the large gap between the doors and unlatch the left door. Then we were able to push the doors open and both girls ran in to hug their 'lost' cousin. Carson grinned from ear to ear at all of us standing there to greet him. Then Papa showed up to see what in the world was going on! Fun times!!

No comments: