Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Calling All Super Heroes!

I don't know how many of you reading this have small children, or are familiar with any of the programing on PBS, but it is pretty much our lives these days. While we do try not to let them watch too much TV...there are certain shows that I allow, and in many ways I think are good for them in moderation. The girls have always been #1 fans of 'Sesame Street' and have taken to 'Between the Lions' (a fantastic reading based program!) and 'A Big Big World' as well. In the last months though, a new favorite has become 'Super Why'. In this program a group of children turn in to super heroes with different reading 'powers' (spelling, decoding, alphabet sounds, etc.) and come together to read a story and solve a problem. Well...meet Super Lilly and Super Clara! Not much more of a story here than that, but when Lilly announced the other day at the dinner table that she was 'Super Lilly...here with the Power to Help!' we cracked up. She had been trying to get one of my blankets around her as a cape, but it was quite big as you can imagine. So both the girls were thrilled when I pulled out a couple of the baby blankets and they could dawn their 'Super-Reading' apparel. I LOVE the fact that the girls enjoy books and letters and reading so much, and I will do anything I can to continue to foster that passion for them...even if it means putting on my own cape and flying around the living room with them!

1 comment:

Gamma said...

Super Lilly & Super Clara can come to Gamma's rescue anytime!