Wednesday, May 14, 2008

These Boots are Made for Walkin'...

Here's a little background on my dear Clara... She decided to enter the world about five weeks early, and though she was considered premature, she was over 6 lbs, alert, and had no serious issues (a little jaundice, but nothing huge). She came home from the hospital the same day I did. The one thing that she has struggled with since birth has been anything involving gross motor skills (that's the big stuff like rolling over, holding her head up, and crawling). She will be 19 months old the end of the week and until early last week she had never taken any real independent steps...but there's nothing stopping her now! No more crawling for her! And very little 'cruising'! She's got a one track mind today and that is, "Where am I walking to next!" I seriously almost cried the first time I really saw her walk about 7 steps across the room...and she was soooo proud of herself...beamed from ear to ear. The last couple of weeks she has been especially frustrated that she couldn't walk...especially when at the playground, or when trying to keep up with Lilly. So to see her finally do it, just filled me up inside. This photo cracks me up...while she obviously isn't walking in THESE shoes, after seeing her big sister in Daddy's boots, she just had to try them on too! If I'm really good tomorrow I'll try to shoot a little video of her walking to post on here...no promises though. I'm soooo proud of you my Clara-belle!