Friday, May 16, 2008

Kisses from Angels

So last night after the girls had their baths and were all ready
for bed I went in the bathroom to pick things up and take care of some of my own business, if ya know what I mean. Lilly followed me in there, of course. (There is no privacy in motherhood!) I took the opportunity to tell her for the millionth time about how big girls use the potty instead of wearing diapers and she can be a big girl now, too. This pretty much fell on deaf ears (there will be more on that to come in the future I'm sure). She did, however, notice a freckle on my leg. The conversation then went something like this:
Lilly: What that, Mommy?
Me: Its a freckle.
Lilly: Ohhhhh....a freckle. I have freckle too, Mommy. (As she pointed to a freckle on her knee.)
Me: You sure do. Our freckles are where the angels kissed us when we we little babies.
Lilly: They are?
Me: Yep
With that she bent over and kissed the freckle on my leg. Can life get any sweeter than this?!

No comments: