Monday, May 19, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes...

Yesterday we were all ready for church...it was unusual only in that we were actually ready on time rather than rushing around the house like we have the last several Sundays, barley making it in before the priest. I looked at the girls and Steve in the living room and the conversation proceeded something like this:

Me: Man you guys are a good looking bunch!
Steve: Lilly, isn't Mommy pretty?
Lilly: Nope.
Steve: Lilly! Is Lilly pretty?
Lilly: (As she begins to dance around the room) I AM pretty! (Notice the emphasis on AM!)

I won't take this personally since when I take her shopping with me she always makes me feel 'pretty' . When I'm trying clothes on, it doesn't matter what the item is, how it fits, or what it really looks like, she always says something like 'Oh Mommy...your a princess!' or 'That beautiful, Mommy!' At least she's not lacking the in the self-confidence department...maybe we'll work on humility next week! ;)

1 comment:

The Ewings said...

This is too much fun watching this!